The LeadingAge Florida Annual Awards Program honors those who embody excellence in leadership, care, and service innovation, and who are making outstanding contributions to their communities in the field of long-term care, affordable and supportive housing, retirement housing, assisted living or home and community-based services.
Award categories are organized to encourage the following types of nominees:
- Those that exemplify achievement in all areas of aging;
- Those who have served with distinction in their current positions;
- Those that have pioneered an innovation or contributed to furthering social responsibility; and
- Those who focus public attention on the many activities and achievements in LeadingAge Florida member communities.
LeadingAge Florida’s Awards recognize stories about the residents, employees, volunteers, programs, communities, efforts, initiatives, best practices, and organizations that somebody "ought to" know about. Please take the time to acknowledge an individual, organization, or an entity that has made an outstanding contribution to the field of housing/retirement communities or long-term care for seniors. This is a great way of rewarding and recognizing the people who have contributed to the success of your organization.
Please attach the completed nomination form along with a brief statement indicating why this person/group should be chosen, a list of specific examples of significant service, and up to three letters of recommendation. Please do not send slides, videocassettes, audiocassettes or other similar materials with your nomination. They will not be sent through the awards process and LeadingAge Florida cannot guarantee the material will be returned to you).
Please click the link shown below to access the:
Awards Nomination Booklet & Nomination Form
A nominee must be a LeadingAge Florida member either through a community, firm, aging organization, or resident/council. If you have previously submitted a nomination that was not chosen, you may resubmit that nomination this year.
Nomination forms are due back to LeadingAge Florida before May 5, 2017.
Many of the awards will be presented during LeadingAge Florida's 54th Annual Convention and Exposition, July 16 - 19, 2017, at the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate in ChampionsGate, Florida.
Only one award will be presented in each of the following categories.
Best Practice Award:
This award recognizes an individual or group of individuals from a LeadingAge Florida member community who develop programs and services that are models of excellence, innovation, best practices at work and have signed the Quality First Commitment and adhere to the 10 Elements of Quality. These programs or services must:
- Provides proven benefits to the residents, clients or organization.
- Demonstrates the potential for the replication in other communities.
- Has been in operation for a least six months.
Caregiver/Employee of the Year Award:
This award category is open to all LeadingAge Florida members. The nominee must demonstrate
- Extraordinary Dedication
- Customer Service
- Outstanding Performance; and
- Committment to the enhancement of the quality of life for residents of a member community
Distinguished Service Award:
This is LeadingAge Florida’s most prestigious award and is presented to an association member or an individual who has made an outstanding contribution on behalf of elders at the state level. The award will only be presented if the LeadingAge Florida Awards Committee determines that extraordinary service has been rendered.
Executive of the Year Award:
This award is presented to the CEO, Executive Director, Administrator or Manager of a member community who demonstrates:
- The highest qualities of leadership;
- Willingness to mentor others; and
- Innovation and significant contribution to the work of LeadingAge Florida.
Lifetime Achievement Award:
This award is presented to an individual who, through his or her body of work, has provided LeadingAge Florida and the state, significant, transformative leadership in aging services. The person selected for this award is a visionary leader and builder - someone who has made exceptional contributions to the field and has positively impacted and advanced the aging services field.
Resident Council/Volunteer of the Year Award:
This award is presented to a resident, resident organization or non-resident that volunteer at a member community of LeadingAge Florida. This award recognizes the value of the volunteer who,
- Enhances the quality of life for residents,
- Preserves dignity, well-being and independence of residents,
- Demonstrates the mission of the member community in a number of ways,
Service Coordinator Award:
This award recognizes a Service Coordinator who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to
- Innovative programming and supportive services;
- Creative problem-solving; and
- Genuine concern for each resident's well-being.
Trustee of the Year Award:
This award is presented to a volunteer who has served with distinction on the board of a LeadingAge Florida member home and has demonstrated a significant contribution of time and effort to the betterment of a not-for-profit community and its residents.
Past Award Recipients
For a complete list of past award recipients, please click here.