Have a Membership Question?
At LeadingAge Florida, we are proud to serve quality leaders who devote themselves to creating a culture of excellence that motivates and inspires others throughout the aging continuum. We hope that you will choose to make LeadingAge Florida your community and join us in creating the future of aging services.
LeadingAge Florida membership is governed by the association's Bylaws. Organizations and individuals wishing to become LeadingAge Florida members must agree to follow the LeadingAge Florida Code of Ethics. For more information on LeadingAge Florida Membership or to request an application, please contact Al Pasini at (850) 671-3700.
Regular Member Communities - This category of membership is available to not-for-profit assisted living, HUD housing, independent living, and nursing home facilities, and retirement housing communities. Organizations joining LeadingAge Florida must also join LeadingAge.
Associate Member Communities - This category of membership is available to for profit assisted living, HUD housing, independent living, and nursing home facilities, and retirement housing communities.
Associate Member Organizations and Individuals - This category of membership is available to individuals who are not working for Regular or Associate member communities, retired/inactive administrators of member communities, Code Section 501(c)(3) aging network organizations, home and community based service providers, member community residents, and member community resident councils and their members.
Affiliate Members - This category of membership is available to organizations that do not qualify for membership under the above three categories. Typically, these are organizations that provide support services and products to Regular and Associate LeadingAge Florida members.
Student Members - This category of membership is available to you must be currently enrolled in a College or University health care field and not employed full-time by an eligible long-term care community. Students applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
LeadingAge Florida Membership Benefits
- LeadingAge Florida and LeadingAge provide representation for their members by advocating their interests on state and national issues. LeadingAge Florida maintains a strong presence with state regulatory agencies, and participates on regulatory and legislative meetings, workshops, and task forces. LeadingAge Florida's staff provide expert opinions and testimony at these events and ensure that the mission of LeadingAge Florida members is understood by policy makers. LeadingAge is a well respected force in the national policy and legislative arena. Please visit our LeadingAge Florida Advocacy webpage.
- LeadingAge Florida and LeadingAge provide numerous educational seminars and workshops throughout the year, including legislative and annual conventions, allowing participants an opportunity to earn continuing education credits and attend at special member rates. Please consult our Event Calendar and go to our LeadingAge Florida Education page.
- LeadingAge Florida members can sign up to receive first-rate pricing through Value First, an option for our members to purchase a wide array of supplies and services, with no cost to enroll and no obligation to purchase. You can enroll in Value First and participate in other Group Purchasing Organizations at the same time. Value First is owned by LeadingAge Florida along with LeadingAge and 24 other state associations, and is partnered with national group purchasing specialist MedAssets. The portfolio of more than 400 vendors includes food distributors, medical supplies, therapy, facility operations, furniture, equipment, technology, and construction services. By enrolling, LeadingAge Florida will receive credit for your orders, which will help enable us bring you even more member services. If you have any questions, please visit the Value First page or contact us at LeadingAge Florida call (850) 228-3001 or (850) 671-3700, or email RBernal@LeadingAgeFlorida.org.
- Members have an opportunity to participate on various state and national committees, LeadingAge Florida’s Board of Trustees, LeadingAge Florida committees, task forces, ad hoc and interest groups and LeadingAge's House of Delegates. There are also networking opportunities with colleagues through regional meetings, the annual convention, educational seminars, workshops, and LeadingAge Florida web forums. See our Governance page.
Members stay informed about industry news, state and national news, legislative issues, community and district activities and other member news through numerous publications including:
- A subscription to the association newsletter, the LeadingLINK.
- During Legislative Session Weekly updates detailing relevant activities of the Legislature.
- Member Alerts containing information about regulatory changes that affect the day-to-day operation of your facility.
- Technical Assistance Briefs on public policy issues that provide guidance on how facilities can come into compliance with new requirements.
- A subscription to publications of LeadingAge, including their newsletter, public policy bulletins with the latest information from Congress and federal regulatory agencies, and technical assistance briefs on major national issues affecting long-term care and specialized housing for the elderly.
- E-mail/Fax Broadcasts with up-to-date information about your areas of interest.
- A listing in LeadingAge Florida's Annual Membership Directory.
To request more information about membership, or a membership application, please contact Al Pasini at (850) 671-3700.